Discover More Benefits
AAR-TTCI Substantiated Performance Results
AAR-TTCI Tested, Long-Term Performance: A 2.5 year under track research at the Facility for Accelerated Service Testing at the Transportation Technology Center (TTCI) in Pueblo, Colorado proved the benefits of the GEOWEB system for track subballast stabilization.
- GEOWEB reinforced track extended tamping cycle to 200 mgt; Unreinforced track required tamping every 15 mgt.
- More than 14 times the accumulated gross loading between tamping cycles.
- The GEOWEB system outperforms Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) and is a better alternative than geogrids for under track stabilization in soft subgrade environments. See Comparison
GEOWEB Benefits for Track Ballast Reinforcement
Railway engineers worldwide have relied on the GEOWEB technology to create high-stiffness roadbed foundations under track, and at bridge approaches, diamonds and turn-outs. The GEOWEB system is extremely effective in stabilizing track subgrades, and has even more beneficial value in soft soil areas.
- Reduces Rock Size and Cross-Section Thickness: Rock confined in the 3D GEOWEB structure replaces expensive larger stone, reducing aggregate size by up to 10X. The aggregate thickness & cross-section can be reduced by up to 50%.
- Less Down-Time: The GEOWEB material can be quickly installed to make any necessary repairs and minimize costly track disruptions.
- Installation Benefits: Due to the ease of installation, the GEOWEB material can be installed by the railroad’s on-site crews.
GEOWEB Railroad Resources
GEOWEB Specification Summary-Español
Plan & Build