Discover More Benefits
Wind Farm Access Roads & Low Environmental Impact Roads
“Floating Roads” Deliver Benefits With Less Impacts
The GEOWEB® system is the cost-effective, versatile way to construct your access roads ONE TIME for foundation construction, wind turbine component delivery, and maintenance access. The GEOWEB access road system’s inherent strength through confinement of infill virtually eliminates the need to maintain and reconstruct these roads subjected to heavy construction traffic.
GEOWEB roadways are beneficial for crossing low-lying wet areas with soft subgrade soils.
- Reduces the amount of unsuitable soil over-excavation.
- Reduces the required road section thickness by as much as 50% or more.
- Drastically reduces the need for gravel on a project because the GEOWEB system imparts increased strength to non-cohesive soils such as sand and gravel. Sites with abundant sand and limited gravel resources can construct strong access roads using the available sand!
Wind Farm Tower Construction
Build Stable Component Staging Areas and Crane Pads
Staging areas for wind tower and turbine installation are built to support heavy cranes and equipment. Presto offers two economical solutions for building and maintaining stable staging areas, even over soft ground. By confining gravel or local sand fill in the system’s 3D structure, the GEOWEB solution creates a stable load support pavement that requires less excavation and up to 50% less fill.
GEOTERRA mats are ideal where aggregate sources are not available or desirable. The mats are strong, yet don’t require heavy specialized equipment to deploy—so are fast and safe to install. Easy removal after use minimizes site restoration and environmental impact.
Both systems help keep projects on schedule and on budget!
Temporary Site Access
The GEOTERRA construction mats are economical and strong, allowing contractors temporary access to difficult locations and to construct temporary crane pads. The versatile modular mats are locked together forming pads to fit unique configurations of any site.
- No specialized equipment is necessary for deployment.
- Speedy and easy placement into limited access areas.
- Eco-friendly mats can be disassembled and removed from a site, and reused.
Because GEOTERRA mats do not require infill to support construction traffic, they help conserve aggregate resources in areas where aggregate is difficult and costly to place. No aggregate and ease of relocation gives GEOTERRA mats the flexibility needed to keep projects on schedule and reduce reliance on cumbersome mat systems or aggregate suppliers.
Wind Energy Resources
GEOWEB & GEOTERRA Wind Applications
GEOTERRA Mats Specification Summary
GEOTERRA GTO Mats Specification Summary
Plan & Build