Discover More Benefits
GEOWEB Benefits for Track Ballast Reinforcement
Railway engineers worldwide have relied on the GEOWEB technology to create high-stiffness roadbed foundations under track, and at bridge approaches, diamonds and turn-outs. The GEOWEB system is extremely effective in stabilizing track subgrades, and has even more beneficial value in soft soil areas.
- Reduces Rock Size and Cross-Section Thickness: Rock confined in the 3D GEOWEB structure replaces expensive larger stone, reducing aggregate size by up to 10X. The aggregate thickness & cross-section can be reduced by up to 50%.
- Less Down-Time: The GEOWEB material can be quickly installed to make any necessary repairs and minimize costly track disruptions.
- Installation Benefits: Due to the ease of installation, the GEOWEB material can be installed by the railroad’s on-site crews.
GEOWEB 3D Benefits Compared to 2D Geogrids
GEOWEB 3D Benefits:
- Reduces ballast depth 2-3 times.
- One-step direct deployment over soft soils.
- Limits differential and long-term settlement through hoop strength and active/passive resistance.
- Ideal for difficult or limited access.
- Fast deployment = limited down-time.
GEOWEB Ballast Reinforcement Resources
GEOWEB Specification Summary-Español
Plan & Build