Discover More Benefits
Quick Response Emergency Repair Kit
The GEOWEB system is ideal for quick response to emergency repairs of ballast, embankments and channels. Stock readily available allows for fast deployment by local railroad crews. Contact us for more information about our GEOWEB Emergency Repair Kit Stocking Program.
AAR-TTCI Substantiated Performance Results
AAR-TTCI Tested, Long-Term Performance: A 2.5 year under track research at the Facility for Accelerated Service Testing at the Transportation Technology Center (TTCI) in Pueblo, Colorado proved the benefits of the GEOWEB system for track subballast stabilization.
- GEOWEB reinforced track extended tamping cycle to 200 mgt; Unreinforced track required tamping every 15 mgt.
- More than 14 times the accumulated gross loading between tamping cycles.
- The GEOWEB system outperforms Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) and is a better alternative than geogrids for under track stabilization in soft subgrade environments. See Comparison
GEOWEB Benefits for Track Ballast Reinforcement
Railway engineers worldwide have relied on the GEOWEB technology to create high-stiffness roadbed foundations under track, and at bridge approaches, diamonds and turn-outs. The GEOWEB system is extremely effective in stabilizing track subgrades, and has even more beneficial value in soft soil areas.
- Reduces Rock Size and Cross-Section Thickness: Rock confined in the 3D GEOWEB structure replaces expensive larger stone, reducing aggregate size by up to 10X. The aggregate thickness & cross-section can be reduced by up to 50%.
- Less Down-Time: The GEOWEB material can be quickly installed to make any necessary repairs and minimize costly track disruptions.
- Installation Benefits: Due to the ease of installation, the GEOWEB material can be installed by the railroad’s on-site crews.
GEOWEB Benefits for Yard Stabilization
Heavy traffic at intermodal, port and bulk transfer yards can create rutting, potholes, pavement degradation, and ultimately pavement failure. The GEOWEB system solves those surface & base stability problems. The GEOWEB structure also can reduce the depth of pavement required for paved surfaces (by up to 30%). See Geoweb Pavement Reduction Overview
The GEOWEB system:
- creates a stable surface—diffuses vertical pressures and lateral stresses.
- allows the subgrade material to withstand more than 12-15 times the number of load cycles with less deflection and less long-term settlement.
- reduces the structural infill depth by 50% or more.
- may allow use of on-site sand or lower quality aggregate.
- lowers maintenance requirements and costs.
GEOWEB Benefits for Embankments & Channels
In right-of-way containing embankments, drainage channels and earthen berms, the GEOWEB system protects and stabilizes soils from erosion challenges, slides and washouts.
- By stabilizing the upper soil layer, the GEOWEB system minimizes the impacts to slopes due to soil saturation and the resulting sloughing and movement.
- Variable infill options include soil/vegetation, permeable aggregate and concrete for hard-armor protection.
GEOWEB Railroad Resources
GEOWEB Specification Summary-Español
Plan & Build