Discover More Benefits
Vegetated GEOWEB Channels
- Replaces costly, higher-maintenance rip rap with lower maintenance, less expensive stabilized vegetation.
- Effective in low flow channels with low-to-high intermittent flows. With an overlying TRM, can withstand velocities as high as 30 ft/sec (9m/sec). See GEOWEB with TRM Vegetated Research.
- GEOWEB tiered channels built as gravity or reinforced retaining walls have an open fascia that allows vegetation, and stormwater infiltration.
- Coir fabric wrapped lifts included in the wall design protect against infill loss in conditions with higher anticipated flow velocities.
- Engineered fill (comprised of 2/3 open-graded base course and 1/3 topsoil) is a structural fill option allowing roots and water to move freely through the aggregate voids—allows occasional access by maintenance vehicles.
Permeable Aggregate GEOWEB Channels
- GEOWEB confined aggregate is more stable than when unconfined, allowing smaller, less expensive aggregate in low-to-moderate flow conditions.
- Locally available materials can be used as infill, reducing material purchase and transportation costs.
- Performance Results: GEOWEB-confined aggregate is more stable than unconfined rip-rap with research showing a 10X reduction in rock size. This reduction offers significant savings in rock, installation and transportation costs. See GEOWEB Aggregate-Infill CSU Research Summary.
Channel Protection Resources
GEOWEB Channel Overview-Español
GEOWEB Specification Summary-Español
Plan & Build