Discover More Benefits
GEOWEB Road Shoulder Stabilization Benefits
- Creates permeable, stable shoulders that reduce rutting and eliminate degradation of the shoulder and adjacent sealed pavement.
- Stabilizes infill material and controls shearing, lateral and vertical movement.
- Increases the effective structural number, cutting fill requirements and costs in half.
- May allow use of lower-quality, less costly on-site infill materials.
Reduce stormwater runoff and receive environmental Low Impact Development (LID) benefits by infiltrating and storing stormwater on-site.
- With permeable infill, the GEOWEB system saves the cost of traditional stormwater collection/storage systems by performing as an on-site stormwater retention/detention “basin”.
- Permeable pavements are cooler pavements that reduce the heat island effect of traditional hard-surfaced pavements.