Discover More Benefits
GEOWEB Erosion Protection of Slopes and Shorelines
- Delivers stability and long-term sustainability of embankment materials.
- Confines and reinforces the upper soil layer to resist erosive conditions and sliding forces.
- Saves costs by using confined infill, which allows steeper slopes to be designed and constructed.
GEOWEB Erosion Protection of Channels
- Stabilizes and protects channels exposed to erosive conditions of all types.
- Withstands velocities as high as 30 ft/sec (9m/sec) when combining GEOWEB vegetated system with a TRM. See Colorado State University Research
- Replaces costly and high-maintenance rip-rap with more attractive stabilized vegetation in drainage ditches, swales and stormwater channels. See Colorado State University Research
- Reduces aggregate requirements, allowing smaller, less-expensive aggregate.
- Provides hard, durable protection for higher velocities when infilled with concrete. See Colorado State University Research
GEOWEB Protection of Geomembranes
- Stabilizes and minimizes the sliding potential of infill materials over impervious liners.
- Prevents damage to and degradation of a liner.
- Maintains strength and integrity even when subject to settlement.
GEORUNNER Mats Stop Scour
- Protects grass from concentrated surface flow.
- Easily placed and anchored locking mat system.
- Allows dense stabilizing vegetation growth with open-hole design.
- Light-weight and less-costly, GEORUNNER mats are preferred by contractors over concrete mat systems.
GEOWEB Erosion Control Resources
GEOWEB Channel Overview-Español
GEOWEB Retaining Walls Overview-Español
On-Demand Webcast (15-Min)
Geoweb Specification Summary-Español
Plan & Build