Discover More Benefits
GEOWEB Benefits for Track Ballast Reinforcement
Railway engineers worldwide have relied on GEOWEB long-term confinement to create high stiffness foundations under track and high stress areas such as bridge abutments, diamonds and turn-outs. The GEOWEB system is extremely effective in stabilizing track sub grades and limiting differential and long-term settlement.
- Reduces Cross Section Thickness: Ballast confined in the 3D GEOWEB provides structural benefits to reduce cross section thickness by up to 60%, significantly reducing installation and rehabilitation costs.
- Reduces Ballast Degradation: Long-term confinement significantly reduces ballast movement and rotation resulting in increased ballast life.
- Less Down-Time: The GEOWEB material can be quickly installed to make any necessary repairs and minimize costly track disruptions.
- Installation Benefits: Due to the ease of installation, the GEOWEB material can be installed by the railroad’s on-site crews during any weather conditions.
GEOWEB 3D Benefits Compared to 2D Geogrids
GEOWEB 3D Benefits:
- Reduces ballast depth 2-3 times.
- One-step direct deployment over soft soils.
- Limits differential and long-term settlement through hoop strength and active/passive resistance.
- Ideal for difficult or limited access.
- Fast deployment = limited down-time.
GEOWEB Ballast Reinforcement Resources
GEOWEB Specification Summary-Español
Plan & Build