Discover More Benefits
GEOWEB Benefits for Intermodal Yard Stabilization
Heavy traffic at intermodal, port and bulk transfer yards can create rutting, potholes, pavement degradation, and ultimately pavement failure. The GEOWEB system solves those surface & base stability problems. The GEOWEB structure also can reduce the depth of pavement required for paved surfaces (by up to 30%). See Geoweb Pavement Reduction Overview
The GEOWEB system:
- creates a stable surface—diffuses vertical pressures and lateral stresses.
- allows the subgrade material to withstand more than 12-15 times the number of load cycles with less deflection and less long-term settlement.
- reduces the structural infill depth by 50% or more.
- may allow use of on-site sand or lower quality aggregate.
- lowers maintenance requirements and costs.
GEOWEB 3D Benefits Compared to 2D Geogrids
GEOWEB 3D Benefits:
- Reduces ballast depth 2-3 times.
- One-step direct deployment over soft soils.
- Limits differential and long-term settlement through hoop strength and active/passive resistance.
- Ideal for difficult or limited access.
- Fast deployment = limited down-time.