Discover More Benefits
GEOWEB Benefits for Unpaved Roads & Pavements
- Stabilizes infill material and controls shearing, lateral and vertical movement.
- Increases the effective structural number, cutting fill requirements and costs in half.
- May allow use of lower-quality, less costly on-site infill materials.
- With engineered infill (topsoil/aggregate), can be designed for vegetated firelanes and vehicle access ways.
Reduce stormwater runoff and receive environmental Low Impact Development (LID) benefits by infiltrating and storing stormwater on-site.
- With permeable infill, the GEOWEB system saves the cost of traditional stormwater collection/storage systems by performing as an on-site stormwater retention/detention “basin”.
- Permeable pavements are cooler pavements that reduce the heat island effect of traditional hard-surfaced pavements.
GEOWEB Load Support Research
- Reduces the thickness and weight of structural support elements by 50% or more.
- Allows subgrade materials to withstand more than 10X the number of cyclic load applications before accumulating the same amount of permanent deflection.
- Provides over 30% stress reduction when supporting aggregate under pavement and distributes load between pilings reducing intersoil stress by 40%. See more
GEOWEB Unpaved Roads Resources
GEOWEB Load Support Overview-Español
GEOWEB System Compared to Geogrids
GEOWEB System Compared to Geogrids-Español
GEOWEB Specification Summary-Español
Plan & Build