GEOWEB® Geocells — Quick Fix, Long Term Protection
Be prepared to repair washouts and track issues quickly and economically with one solution. The GEOWEB® 3D Soil Stabilization System is a proven 40-year solution, delivering emergency repair for track and railroad right-of-way embankments, bridges and channels.
Stock readily available allows for fast deployment by local railroad crews. Contact us for more information about our GEOWEB Emergency Repair Kit Stocking Program.
- Wash Out Repair & Armoring:
Right-of-Way Embankments | Earthen Berms | Bridge Protection | Drainage Channels
- Variable Infill Options:
Soil/Vegetation | Aggregate | Concrete
- Less Down Time: GEOWEB material is quickly installed to repair any size emergency and minimize track disruptions.
- Installation Benefit: Railroads can install the GEOWEB material with their own crews.
- Reduce Rock Size: Rock confined in the GEOWEB structure replaces expensive rip-rap, reducing aggregate size up to 10 times.
Strong, yet light-weight GEOWEB sections are easy to transport and quick to deploy, even in difficult site access areas. Most repairs do not require large construction equipment.
Construction & Repair Versatility
The GEOWEB Soil Stabilization System has been successfully employed for railroad construction and repair for over 40 years.
- GEOWEB sections are packaged in collapsed, easy-to-handle sections and are expanded into place on site.
- Each GEOWEB section is 8.5 ft. wide x 27 ft. long and covers 230 sq ft.
- Ideal for constructing and repairing track ballast, access roads, embankments, earthen berms, bridges, channels and right-of-way areas.
- Low cost, locally available infill may be used instead of more costly imported infill.
GEOWEB STOCK COVERAGE:
- 1 Pallet = 2,700 sq ft
- 1 Truckload = 120,000 sq ft
ATRA® Key Connection Device:
- Connects the GEOWEB sections quickly, easily and safely. Learn more >>
Track Ballast Support for New Track or Repair:
The GEOWEB System stabilizes the ballast material, reducing differential settlement and aggregate thickness by 50% or more.
Right-of-Way Repair Examples
Washout Repair: Right-of-way draining channel repair. GEOWEB sections are installed quickly in tiers, and may utilize local infill. Vegetated fascia is attractive and eco-friendly.
Eroded Shoreline Repair: Track derailment repair. GEOWEB System created a stable platform and tiered retaining wall to stabilize the right-of-way embankment.
Slide Repair: Track right-of-way repair. The GEOWEB system stabilizes embankments prone to slides from saturated or unstable soils. Aggregate infill allows drainage and minimizes maintenance.