Geoweb® Load Support System
ECONOMICAL 3D GEOCELL STRUCTURE STABILIZES INFILL MATERIALS
Construct roads over soft soils where quality infill is inaccessible or too costly. Stabilize challenging soft soils where traditional reinforcement methods are ineffective, or require deeper, more costly base materials.
The Presto Geoweb® Load Support System is a proven cost-effective solution for challenging soil stability problems. The Geoweb system is the original geocell system, economical and highly-effective for solving roadway, shoulder, parking, and yard surface problems. See History of Geocells.
KEY GEOWEB LOAD SUPPORT APPLICATIONS
- Load Distribution System over weak soils
- Base Stabilization for paved surfaces
- Surface Stabilization for unpaved surfaces
BENEFITS OF THE 3D GEOWEB STRUCTURE:
- stabilizes infill material and controls shearing, lateral and vertical movement
- increases the effective structural number, allowing fill requirements and costs to be cut in half.
- may allow use of lower-quality, less costly on-site infill materials.
- creates a stiffened base layer, and the resulting increase in base strength can be used to reduce the pavement depth design up to 30%.
Geoweb Load Support Research Results
- Reduces the thickness and weight of structural support element by 50% or more
- Allows subgrade materials to withstand more than 10 times the number of cyclic load applications before accumulating the same amount of permanent deflection.
- Provides over 30% stress reduction when supporting aggregate under pavement, distributes load between pilings reducing intersoil stress by 40%.
Low-Environmental Impact Solution
Reduce stormwater runoff and gain environmental Low Impact Development (LID) benefits by infiltrating and storing stormwater on-site. Porous Pavement Overview
- With permeable infill, the Geoweb system saves the cost of traditional stormwater collection/storage systems by performing as an on-site stormwater retention/detention "basin".
- Permeable pavements are also eco-friendly, cooler pavements that reduce the heat island effect of traditional hard-surfaced pavements.
Let us perform a complimentary project evaluation. Simply complete and send us this RFPE Form.
- Geoweb Correlation of Various Soil Properties Guide - Imperial
- Geoweb Correlation of Various Soil Properties Guide - Metric
Geoweb Accessories & Tools developed to save contractors time and money in the field:
- ATRA Key Connection Device: ATRA Keys are three times faster than stapling (Compare Results)
- ATRA Driver: Drives anchors faster and with less stress to workers
Check Out Our Videos
Load Support Key Applications
- Permanent and temporary site access roads
- Permeable roadways and parking areas
- Porous Pavements
- Intermodal/port facilities
- Transportation/storage yards
- Roadway shoulders
- Stabilized base for asphalt or concrete
- Railroad track ballast/subballast
- Trails and walkways
- Wind farm roadways and staging areas
- Sand roads and Tank trails
- Airports: Runways and Drainage layers
- Horse trails and Low water crossings
Design & Construction Tools
Presto offers a complimentary Geoweb® project evaluation service.
BUILD YOUR SPECIFICATION THE EASY WAY
Build your specification your way with Presto's fast and easy SPECMaker® Specification Tool.
Need brochures, specifications or installation guides? Click to complete our Literature Request Form.